2018 Summer Band Camp Dates and Agendas
Monday, July 23 through Friday, July 27
Monday, July 30 through Friday August 3
What you need:
- Drink plenty of water before leaving home. There will be water breaks, but those breaks will not be enough to keep you hydrated throughout the day!
- Spend some time outside every day beforehand. Marching Band is an outdoor activity, and you need to acclimate yourself to keep from getting sick or injured.
- Wear sunscreen. Bring some with you to re-apply in the afternoon. You will be in the sun during camp.
- Play your instrument a little bit every day. It will be difficult for you to learn music if you're having to be re-taught how to put the instrument together.
- EAT breakfast but do NOT drink milk. It will make you sick when we go outside. Protein (eggs/some sort of meat) and carbs (oatmeal, toast, grits, biscuits, etc.) will fuel your body and help sustain you until lunchtime. Pop tarts will not.
- Wear shoes that lace up. Do not wear any kind of sandals or any other kind of slip-on shoes. Be sure to wear socks to minimize foot blisters.
Sights & Sounds of the Greyhound Gridiron
Marching Band Concert & BBQ Burger Fundraiser
August 3, 2018 - 6:00 pm - Welsh High School Gym