If you like to read...
If you are interested in promoting reading...
If you want to make the library as inviting as possible...
We would love to have you!
Guidelines for being a member of the WHS Library Club:
- Turn in the bottom of membership form no later than Friday, September 6, 2019. (Pick up form from the WHS Library)
- Pay $20 dues no later than Wednesday, October 2, 2019 or you will be dropped from club membership. NO exceptions unless you talk to Ms. Amy BEFORE the payment deadline! Your membership dues include the cost of your club shirt.
- Sit with Ms. Amy and do a “book talk” each nine weeks. You should do this as soon as you finish reading a book. There will be a window of time that you will be required to do this in. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST DAY OF THE QUARTER TO GET THIS DONE. There is NO probationary period. If you are dropped from membership for failing to do your book talk before club shirts have been ordered, you will NOT receive a club shirt, even if you already paid your membership dues.
- Adopt a Shelf in the library (details to be discussed).
- Fully participate in fundraiser.
- Attend meetings each Club Day. The best way to keep up with what is going on in the club is to attend meetings. Please make every effort to attend or to see me the first chance you get after missing a meeting. Academics, however, always come first!
- Maintain a positive attitude about reading, books, and the WHS Library.
*If a student agrees to attend the Library Club fieldtrip and backs out (for any reason other than an illness with a doctor’s excuse) after fieldtrip costs have been paid, the student will be responsible for paying the club back all money that the club has paid. The Library Club fieldtrip costs approximately $15 per member.